O programa Conexão Cultura Brasil, do Ministério da Cultura, oferece aos brasileiros oportunidades de aprimoramento profissional e acadêmico no exterior, em áreas ligadas a arte, cultura e economia criativa. A People’s Palace Projects está oferecendo duas vagas para artistas e acadêmicos no Reino Unido nos meses de fevereiro e março de 2015. Veja abaixo as informações para a vaga ARTISTIC RESIDENCE: DIRECTING SHAKESPEARE.
People’s Palace Projects seeks a Brazilian theatre director with experience of directing Shakespeare in Brazil, to undertake a three week residency spread across PPP, Queen Mary University of London Drama Department, and QMUL & University of Warwick’s Global Shakespeare research centre.
Queen Mary University of London is a Russell Group University and the Drama Department consistently scores among the top few universities in the UK for both student satisfaction and the excellence of its research. The department of Drama offers theoretical and practical Shakespeare modules to their second and third year undergraduate students and a module in Early Modern (Renaissance) Drama in performance to their taught Masters students, shared with students on the Global Shakespeare Master of Arts degree.
Opportunities for a visiting director of Shakespeare would be:
- To attend one or more classes within the Drama curriculum
- To share his or her expertise informally with students in these classes or to give a lecture to the students
- To observe student rehearsals or performances for discussion and feedback
- To attend theatre visits with students and staff
- To access library and other archive materials held by the Drama Department, Global Shakespeare and PPP
- To explore with UK research and teaching staff at a Russell Group university the ways in which academic and practical approaches to Shakespeare in performance can complement each other and how practitioners can academics can learn together and from each other
- To explore the legacy and history of PPP’s Shakespeare Forum project (which has been part of TRANSFORM since 2011) and discuss the learning from the project with some of the UK practitioners who have run workshops in Brazil as part of the programme
- Through PPP’s extensive network of contacts, to explore the practice of UK theatre companies working with Shakespeare in a variety of settings (from classical companies and outdoor Shakespeare to Shakespeare in prisons and with learning-disabled actors)
Offer: Artistic Residence – Directing Shakespeare – our Brazilian Contemporary
Host organisation: People’s Palace Projects
Start date: February/March 2015
Duration: 3 weeks
Location: London, England
This opportunity will suit an experienced director who has directed at least one Shakespeare play or adaptation in either Portuguese or English language (preferably more than one), and has a firm intention to work on Shakespeare again in the future, in international practice around Shakespeare, and in actor training for a classical repertoire.
Confidence in speaking and listening in English will be essential.
A knowledge and understanding of different approaches to Shakespeare and classical repertoire in both Brazil and other countries, especially those in the global South, will be of interest, and enable a deeper exchange of practice and ideas to take place.
The ability to give a lecture, teach classes to students, or both would be an advantage in enabling a vibrant exchange to take place between the University’s academic and artistic community and the director selected.
- To have directed at least one (preferably more) Shakespeare plays in either Portuguese or English.
- Some teaching experience at university level OR experience working with actors training to perform classical repertoire would be desirable.
- Experience of public speaking or lecturing, ideally on Shakespeare in contemporary Brazil, would be desirable.
Proficiency in English: C1 (advanced)
List of Proficiency Certificates accepted for this offer
Deadline for applications: 7 November 2014
- Processo de candidatura e seleção (via British Council)
- Comprovação de proficência em língua inglesa
- Certificados de proficiência em língua inglesa aceitos
Para mais informações sobre o programa Conexão Cultura Brasil, visite os sites do MinC: